Sunday 6 June 2010

Transformation - progress

On Saturday morning we had a delivery from Ikea - three Expedit bookshelves. We've got the Billy's in the living room and Mummy and Daddy tossed up putting them in this room too, but decided the Expedit shelves would provide a bit of a contrast. Plus they're a little more playful looking I think with the cubes.

I've got to admit that I share Mummy's love of all things Ikea and flatpack. There's no better way to start a weekend than sitting on a great big pile of Ikea boxes to be unpacked. Mummy says there's nothing better than unpacking a great big pile of Ikea boxes and directing the assembly of their contents. Daddy just sighs.


It was a close run thing getting all the bookshelves to fit along the wall. When Mummy and Daddy measured the wall they didn't take into account the skirting boards on the floor so the skirting boards had to go. Mummy waited until Daddy went out for a few hours before she butchered them. Her secret is safe with me.

Then began the mammoth task of shifting my books. I've been very very lucky and given lots of lovely books as presents as well as having a lot of Mummy's from when she was a little girl. It's an unbelievable amount of fun to go through them all and find new stories.

It's still a work in progress, but at least my books have been put away. I will keep you updated on progress as the room continues to transform.


2 comments: